How does PLCBUS work ?
Powerline Communication Bus (PLCBUS) is a highly reliable, cost effective, 2-way communications technology which enables control products to utilize existing powerlines for both residential and commercial applications. The most main feature of PLCBUS Technology is no any Filter and block necessary.
1. Modules : These components will receive PLCBUS signals and will switch or dim the attached lamp or appliance and then feedback current status.
2. Controllers : These components will transmit PLCBUS signals and thus will control the Modules; 2 way Communications.
3. Transceivers : Wireless components like remotes (433.92MHz). The signales of these components will be received by a controller with transceiver functionally (PLCBUS-4023UK). The transceiver will translate the signales into PLCBUS signales on the power line.
You can select up to 256 addresses by code set electronically. Each address is dividing into a House Code (A - P) and a Unit Code (1 - 16). On control the House code is also selectable. When Modules and Controllers are set to the same House Code, they will work together.
The PLCBUS System contains many standardized commands where by modules set to the same House Code will respond simultaneously (e.g. All Lights On, All Units Off)
* For installer : To different families, PLCBUS also provide addditional 250 User Codes (1-250). When you install for many houses in the same building, for each family, you should set a different User Code. Thuse , 250 User Codes x 256 Addresses = 64000 Addresses Totally.
Signal Range :
Range of radio signals
Many of the wireless components of the PLCBUS program use radio signals (433.92MHz). Examples are remotes and wireless sensors. The range of these radio signales is dependent on:
1) The number of walls and floors the signal will have to pass through and the material used in these walls and floors
2) Other wireless Transmitters which use the same frequency will influence the range. Please see interference
3) Distortion by radio fields from micro processors and satellite equipment. When you move your RF PLCBUS products away from this kind of device, the range can be improved significantly.
4) The number of people between RF Transmitter and Receiver
When more devices are using the same frequency to communicate , the range of those products will decrease significantly because of the distortion of the signals used. Please find the list below of known devices which will have an important influence on the range of your PLCBUS products:
Wireless Baby Phone
You will get the best range results when these sources are switched off while using your PLCBUS products. The products mentioned will have influence on the range of the PLCBUS Products, but will not be able to trigger the PLCBUS System.
Increasing the range of radio signals
When the range of your remote of sensor is insufficient you can try to increase the range by following the suggestions below :
1) Check whether you have fixed the PLCBUS-4023UK (Transceiver Module)?
2) Are there any devices switched on which can cause interference?
3) Try to increase the range by moving the Transmitter or REceiver (a few centimeters can make a huge difference!)
4) Remove Transmitter and REceiver away from big metal objects
5) Are the antennas fully extended?
6) Are the batteries fresh?
7) Is the PLCBUS-4023UK Transceiver located at a central place in your house?